Sunday 15 March 2009

Another blue sky day!

Group 3 has the early slot this week and had a good lesson before the rest of us were out and about! Group 1 though had to wait till the afternoon with pre-ski nerves which they tamed with some practice while my group had our lesson. We were on the Petites Cretes doing arm exercises to encourage a good body position and to help us get the weight in the right place. We also worked on trying to develop the balance necessary to lift the uphill ski between turns.

I am definitely gaining confidence and with it more speed and am pleased to say my relationship with chairlifts has improved to the point that today I went on one with a rather nice French flight
attendant who told me all about his ski hols with his girlfriend and at the end I just nonchalently skied off without much thought! If you've never had issues with a chairlift you won't understand the import of this for me perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment