Thursday 19 March 2009

Now that's what I call a blue sky!

This was taken about 8am from our balcony, which was rather cold for bare feet!

Cretes was very cold and windy so I hastily retreated back down for warmer gloves before the lesson. Our last 2 folks arrived safely despite the French ATC strike - shame they could only make it for a few days but better that than not at all.

After our lesson which was very enjoyable despite the cold we decided to go to the lower slopes to practise where group 1 were being taught. While we were finishing a very late lunch consisting of the last waffles in the cafe I got a phonecall - it was Charlotte. Group 1 had spotted us and were repeatedly skiing the tennis court terraces where I'd previously so spectacularly face-planted, waiting for us to go and watch. I hastily made my way over to watch and as I arrived Charlotte immediately led the group down the terraces - I had no choice but to nonchalantly follow & ski the terraces myself! I must admit they seemed only half the size they were before. It was great to see how confidently group 1 were skiing them and in slushy heavy snow too. It was definitely much more difficult to ski in slush than the better snow higher up, but down low it was warm and not windy.

We ended the day with our first meal out. We would all recommend the place for good food and very pleasant, helpful staff. It was La Bougie, which is opposite the Marche U. It cost us €20 each for wine, main course and sweet, including a tip.

I really can't believe tomorrow is our last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment